Tuesday 15 December 2015

My Spanish Exchange Experience

The Spanish Exchange was a trip that I will never forget - all the excursions we went on, the new friends we made and the families we stayed with made it an incredible trip. The culture that we were exposed to has made me even more motivated to continue learning Spanish because the country is so fascinating and the people were so friendly – including the mayor that we were able to meet!

My favourite moment was the day we spent with the family on the Sunday. I not only did I eat homemade paella with her grandparents, afterwards I watched a football game with the rest of her family, including her aunties, uncles and cousins. Over the week I spent with the family I found that football was a big part of their culture and made up a lot of the dinner time conversation.

I am so excited for them to come to England in January and for Silvia – my Spanish partner – to meet my family and experience England. We became quite close over the week that I was living with her, and we found that we have many things in common (despite the language barrier).

It was one of the best trips I have ever been on, despite the challenge of being submersed in a foreign language with new people! Thank you for the opportunity to do it.

G. Pollard

No comments:

Post a Comment